Scottish Flood Forum work with many partners to help communities cope with the affects of flooding. Please contact us through the form below, via phone or through our partner organisations.
24hr enquiry line 01698 839021
Scottish Flood Forum
19A Canning Street,
Edinburgh, EH3 8HE
Send us an email by completing the form below
Your local authority
Local authority duties are as defined in Flood Risk Management (Scotland) Act 2009
- Assess bodies of water and prepare schedules of clearance and repair works where it is considered that this work would substantially reduce the risk of flooding.
- Local authorities to maintain flood prevention / protection schemes.
- Consideration of new build schemes part of process of local flood risk management plans.
- Maintenance of roads and road drainage infrastructure e.g. gullies in accordance with Roads (Scotland) Act 1984.
Scottish Environment Protection Agency (SEPA)
SEPA monitors the rivers and the sea to predict the likelihood of flooding and issues flood risk messages and offers flood preparation advice through Floodline – 0845 988 1188, provides information on areas at risk of river and coastal flooding, and helps local authorities indentify sustainable actions to manage flooding.
- www.scottishwater.co.uk 0345 601 8855.
- Manages the public water and waste water network.
- Minimises risk of sewer flooding.
- Reservior maintenance.
- Works with other organisations to minimise flood risk and create surface water management plans.